Sports & Entertainment
Metropolitan Entertainment & Convention Authority (MECA) manages CHI Health Center Omaha Convention Center & Arena, TD Ameritrade Park Omaha, and the new RiverFront project. We are seeking an ELECTRICIAN to join our operations team. You must hold and maintain a journeyman’s license. And will provide installation and support of electrical systems in all MECA managed facilities.
Prior building operations experience is preferred and the ability to work a flexible schedule and irregular hours including evenings and weekends is a must. To perform this job successfully, you should have basic PC knowledge including email, internet, and Microsoft Office products
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee and maintain the facility electrical equipment and related systems. Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
• Test continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery, and buzzer.
• Install, repair, and maintain low voltage controls, 110, 277, 480-volt systems.
• Understand Automated Building Management Systems including lighting control system.
• Monitor the installation and removal of utility distribution systems during the move-in/move-out activities within MECA managed facilities.
• Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
• Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit. Pulls wiring through conduit.
• Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads, twisting or soldering wires together, and applying tape or terminal caps.
• Read and understand blueprints and associated product manufacturer’s literature.
• Monitor the activities of outside contracted services as directed.
• Keep accurate records of repairs and preventive maintenance work.
• Assist the Operations and Event Staff in the execution of their duties, as necessary.
• Ensure a safe environment for employees, clients, and guests.
• Operate various rolling stock equipment (including forklifts, utility carts, high lifts, etc.). Must have appropriate training to operate equipment.
• Other duties may be assigned.
MECA offers an exciting and ever-changing work environment with a focus on providing an excellent guest experience. If you are a team player looking to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment, we invite you to apply. MECA offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. This is a fulltime position.
For a complete job description please apply online at http://www.omahameca.com/employees/
July 15, 2021