Scholarship applications NOW OPEN!
2022 Urban League of Nebraska scholarship recipients
2023 Urban League of Nebraska Scholarship Program
We know how important funding can be in pursuit of an education. That’s why Urban League of Nebraska wants to help you reach your goals with an opportunity to earn a scholarship. Below you will find local, state and national scholarship opportunities that are awarded to graduating high school seniors who want to attend college. Program scholarships can be used at any two or four year college or university.
To be eligible for an Urban League of Nebraska scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current resident of the state of Nebraska
- Have a current cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Have completed at least 10 hours of documented community involvement
- Have taken the ACT or SAT
- Official copy of high school transcripts or G.E.D. (General Education Diploma).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from persons attesting to your qualifications and motivation for attending college. Family members and relatives cannot submit letters of recommendation on the student’s behalf.
- Essay stating your goals, ambitions, and the reasons you should receive this scholarship. (Essays must be no less than 250 words and no more than 500 words in length.)
- Additional information may be requested by the selection committee.
You may submit your application one of two ways. Complete the form below or return this downloadable application along with copies of the other required documents to:
Urban League of Nebraska Inc.
3040 Lake Street
Omaha, NE 68111
If you have any questions about the scholarship application, or need help with your submission please contact:
Urban League of Nebraska
402-453-9730, ext. 125
Current scholarships in the Urban League of Nebraska Scholarships program are:
- Stanley P. Osborn Scholarships
- Charles B. Washington Scholarships
- Aileen and Thomas H. Warren, Sr. Scholarship
- Urban League of Nebraska Guild
- Urban League of Nebraska Young Professionals
- Pam Gorham Scholarship sponsored by Hayes and Associates in Business Administration and Finance
- Dr. Michael P. Kern, M.D., Scholarship
- Nebraska Furniture Mart
The completed scholarship form with all required uploads must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 31, 2023.
APPLY ONLINE NOW:
Click on any of these links to access information about these scholarships:
- Creighton University Diversity and Inclusion Scholarships
- Nebraska Department of Education – Scholarships for African American Students
- Union Pacific Black Employee Network Scholarships
- Ron Brown Scholars Program
- United Negro College Fund
- William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship for Minority Students
- Guaranteed Scholarships
- Easley National Scholarship Program
- Historically Black College & University Scholarships
- International Students Scholarships & Aid Help
- Metropolitan Community College
- Scholarships for HBCU Students | BestColleges
- Federal Scholarships & Aid Gateways 25 Scholarship Gateways from Black Excel
- Scholarship & Financial Aid Help
- Aid & Resources For Re-Entry Students
UNO Buffett Scholarship
For more information regarding scholarship opportunities or the application process, contact LaWanda Gould at Lawanda.Gould@UrbanLeagueNeb.org or call 402-453-9730, ext. 125.