Get assistance paying for college with Urban League of Nebraska scholarships.
Apply now for a scholarship!
We know how important funding can be in pursuit of an education. That’s why Urban League of Nebraska wants to help you reach your goals with an opportunity to earn a scholarship. Below you will find local, state and national scholarship opportunities that are awarded to graduating high school seniors who want to attend college.
Urban League of Nebraska awards two types of scholarships – the general Urban League of Nebraska Scholarship and the Urban League of Nebraska-MCC Scholarship.
- The General Urban League of Nebraska Scholarship can be used at any 2 or 4-year institution.
- The Urban League of Nebraska-MCC Scholarship can only be used to attend Metropolitan Community College and is offered in partnership with MCC.
Note: If you plan to attend Metropolitan Community College, please only submit the ULN-MCC Scholarship application. If you are awarded either of the two scholarships, you will be notified which type you will receive, as well as any special instructions before funds can be disbursed.
To be eligible for an Urban League of Nebraska scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current resident of the state of Nebraska
- Have a current cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Have completed at least 10 hours of documented community involvement
- Have taken the ACT or SAT
Students must complete the appropriate scholarship application and submit it with the following materials bound in a clear plastic report cover:
- Typed application
- Typed resume
- Cover letter with color picture attached
- Official copy of high school transcripts or GED (General Education Diploma)
- Two letters of recommendation from persons attesting to your qualifications and motivation for attending college. We recommend teachers, administrators, or other impactful adult figures. Note: Family members and relatives cannot submit letters of recommendation on the student’s behalf
- Typed 250-500-word essay detailing your goals, post-secondary ambitions, and why you believe you’re deserving of a scholarship
- Note: Additional information may be requested by the selection committee
Submit the completed scholarship application packets to:
Urban League of Nebraska, Inc.
Attn: Wayne Brown
3040 Lake Street
Omaha, NE 68111
For more information regarding scholarship opportunities or the application process, contact a Youth & Education Specialist at 402-453-9730. Fill out this form to receive more information.