Urban League Nebraska is pleased to provide access to scholarships to make paying for college easier.
We know how important funding can be in pursuit of an education. That’s why Urban League of Nebraska wants to help you reach your goals with an opportunity to earn a scholarship. Below you will find local, state and national scholarship opportunities that are awarded to graduating high school seniors who want to attend college.
Urban League of Nebraska awards Urban League of Nebraska Scholarship and the Urban League of Nebraska and community-based scholarship and the Urban League of Nebraska-MCC (Metropolitan Community College) Scholarships.
- The general Urban League of Nebraska and community-based scholarships can be used at any 2 or 4-year college or university.
- The Urban League of Nebraska-MCC Scholarships can only be used to attend Metropolitan Community College and is offered in partnership with MCC.
Note: If you plan to attend Metropolitan Community College, please only submit the ULN-MCC Scholarship application.
To be eligible for an Urban League of Nebraska scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current resident of the state of Nebraska
- Have a current cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Have completed at least 10 hours of documented community involvement
- Have taken the ACT or SAT
Students must complete the online application form for the scholarships you are interested in. Please note that you have the option to apply only for the MCC scholarships.
All applications are here online. You may save your work in progress, but the process will go smoother if you’re prepared to upload your resume’ and a color photo of yourself when you fill out the online application. You will also need to complete 250-300 word essay online and you will need to access the following to provide to us:
- Official copy of high school transcripts or GED (General Education Diploma)
- Two letters of recommendation from persons attesting to your qualifications and motivation for attending college. We recommend teachers, administrators, or other impactful adult figures. Note: Family members and relatives cannot submit letters of recommendation on the student’s behalf.
- Please note: Additional information may be requested by the selection committee
If you have any questions about the scholarship application, please contact:
Urban League of Nebraska, Inc.
402-451-1066, ext. 129
Apply for an Urban League of Nebraska Scholarship today.
Urban League of Nebraska Scholarships are awarded to graduating high school seniors to assist in the pursuit of a college education.
In addition to Urban League Scholarships, we are pleased to award these community sponsorships. Your application form makes you eligible to be considered for all.
- Stanley P. Osborn Scholarships
- Charles B. Washington Scholarships
- Thomas and Aileen Warren Scholarships
- Metropolitan Community College
- Urban League of Nebraska Guild
- Urban League of Nebraska Young Professionals
- Pam Gorham Scholarship sponsored by Hayes and Associates in Business Administration and Finance
- Hy-Vee Scholarship
- Cleo Franklin Leadership Foundation Scholarship
- Nebraska Furniture Mart Scholarship
PLEASE NOTE: If you intend to only apply for a Metropolitan Community College (MCC) scholarship, use that form.
To be eligible for these scholarships, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current resident of Nebraska.
- Have a current cumulative G.P.A. of 2.0 or higher.
- Have completed at least 10 hours of documented community involvement (physical or virtual due to COVID-19).
- Have taken the A.C.T. or S.A.T.
Students must complete the following sections of this form and upload the documents listed here. You may save this form and come back to add certain documents.
Once submitted, additional information may be requested by the selection committee.
- Upload a color photograph.
- Official copy of high school transcripts or G.E.D. (General Education Diploma).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from persons attesting to your qualifications and motivation for attending college. Family members and relatives cannot submit letters of recommendation on the student’s behalf.
- Essay stating your goals, ambitions, and the reasons you should receive this scholarship. (Essays must be no less than 250 words and no more than 500 words in length.)
The completed scholarship form with all required uploads must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, March 15, 2021
If you intend to attend MCC, we invite you to apply for the 2020-2021 Urban League of Nebraska and MCC Scholarship.
Please note: If you plan to attend another college or university other than MCC, please complete that scholarship form instead of this one.
Click on any of these links to access information about these scholarships:
- Saul T. Wilson Scholarships (Veterinary)
- Presidential Freedom Scholarships
- Wired Scholar Free Scholarship Search
- William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship for Minority Students
- Guaranteed Scholarships
- Easley National Scholarship Program
- Jacki Tuckfield Memorial Graduate Business Scholarship (for AA students in South Florida)
- Historically Black College & University Scholarships
- International Students Scholarships & Aid Help
- College Board Scholarship Search
- GE and LuLac Scholarship Funds
- Federal Scholarships & Aid Gateways 25 Scholarship Gateways from Black Excel
- Scholarship &Financial Aid Help
For more information regarding scholarship opportunities or the application process, contact a Youth & Education Specialist at 402-453-9730. Fill out this form to receive more information.