Project Ready Program Specialist
Urban League of Nebraska
Project Ready Program Specialist
URBAN LEAGUE OF NEBRASKA, INC.
POSITION PROFILE Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Whitney Young, Jr. Academy Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Education/Youth Development
Scope of Position
The Whitney Young, Jr. Academy Coordinator is responsible for the leadership and supervision of staff assigned to the Whitney Young, Jr. Academy/Project Ready Program. This position requires a working knowledge of the services provided and programs administered by the Urban League of NebraskaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Education/Youth Development Department.
Collaboration: Builds relationships within the schools and with other community-based organizations. Familiar with the programs and services that are available to students who are experiencing chronic absenteeism. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and resolving conflicts.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Supervises staff assigned to the Whitney Young, Jr. Academy and Project Ready programs and provides support and leadership to ensure team performance and activities are aligned with department goals.
2. Prepare and administer staff performance appraisals
3. Takes a proactive approach and demonstrates a consistent focus on maximizing outcome-based results.
4. Recognizes patterns in data, information or events impacting truancy and drawing on logical conclusions and making recommendations for actions.
5. Ensure the accuracy of reports and truancy related data.
6. Serve as a liaison between the schools and ULN.
7. Responsible for the timely completion of reports, data entry and all documentation as required by the ULN, and the applicable funding sources.
8. Creates a team spirit among staff establishing synergistic partnerships at all levels across internal departments and functional lines with ULN staff in order to enhance the execution of the ULN strategies, goals and objectives.
9. Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of program development and evaluation.
2. Knowledge of program budgeting, planning, organizing, implementation and problem-solving abilities.
3. Ability to communicate effectively.
4. Interpersonal skills demonstrating ability to relate diplomatically with a diverse range of customers, and service providers.
5. Ability to interact with business and community leaders, administrators, state officials, staff, and clients.
6. Ability to promote cooperation, collaboration, and coordination in programming and service delivery.
7. Skilled in providing supervisory, management, coaching and counseling.
8. Skilled at functional, technical, problem solving and decision making.
9. Ability to function as a creative, strategic, and innovative thinker.
Education and Experience:
BachelorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s degree, in human services, education or related field of study. Prior supervisory experience required.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Moderate lifting up to 25 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting or carrying such articles as files, packages, or deliveries. Walking and standing are required often.
Occasionally exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise, fumes or dust, etc.).
The job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the supplemental job description provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
January 5, 2022