In order to be considered for both the Engineer I and Engineer II open positions, please apply for each separately. To apply, visit: www.mudomaha.com/our-company/careeers
$68,254 - $85,117
SPA - 2
M-F; 1st Shift
Senior Design Engineer
Under general supervision, the Engineer I is responsible for designing construction plans and preparing specifications for the extension, relocation, replacement or improvement of the District’s gas and/or water distribution systems. This position is responsible to create and analyze gas and/or water distribution system models, and prepare, develop and oversee technical engineering studies. The Engineer I, with guidance, will be expected to prepare reports based on findings, occasionally inspect construction work, and provide technical advice and assistance to operating departments.
1.Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, preferably Civil or Mechanical Engineering, froman ABET-accredited Engineering program. Any degree which can lead to ProfessionalEngineer (PE) licensure and a defined scope of practice to reasonably include engineeringactivities outlined in the Position Summary above and the Specific Responsibilities belowmay be considered.
2.Must have passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam before hiring.
3.Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) experience.
4.Basic computer skills to include Access, Excel, Outlook, and Word.
5.Ability to read and understand construction drawings/prints.
6.Efficiently and effectively speak, read, write and comprehend English.
7.Ability to effectively work on multiple projects in all stages of design simultaneously andwork independently.
8.Ability to work outside in all types of weather and terrain.
9.Demonstrate attention to detail.
10.Demonstrate good time management skills.
11.Ability to effectively coordinate and communicate with customers, contractors, consultants,District personnel, and other governmental organizations.
12. Have and maintain a valid driver's license.
13. Employees in this position may be covered under the Department of Transportation Drug and Alcohol testing provisions. This includes random testing.
In order to effectively contribute to the objectives of the District, the Engineer I is accountable and responsible for progressively increasing responsibility in preparing for advancement to the Engineer II position. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
1. Perform engineering studies and evaluations and prepare reports on various items concerning District distribution facilities, buildings, plants, equipment and operations.
2. Design construction plans and prepare specifications for the gas and/or water distribution systems.
3. Create and analyze gas and/or water distribution system models.
4. Assist in preparing specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
5. Assist in reviewing, evaluating and recommending acceptance and award of bids and contracts.
6. Provide engineering inspection for equipment installations, construction work, and creation of record documents.
7. Work with other engineers and technicians on engineering design projects.
8. Inspect existing facilities and equipment and recommend maintenance, repair and/or replacement.
9. Prepare project cost and budget estimates.
10. Assist in project scheduling.
11. Provide and maintain due diligence on all projects from inception through completion regarding sound fiscal responsibility for District funds while always acting in the best interest of customer rate payers.
12. Assist other engineers as needed or directed by the supervisor.
13. Drive to District job sites.
14. Understand and comply with all pertinent District Policies and Procedures.
15. Fulfill responsibilities common to all Supervisory, Professional and Administrative positions as stated.
16. Train in the duties of, and advance toward progression to, Engineer II.
17. Perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
In contributing to the objectives of the District, the Engineer I is responsible for maintaining constructive relationships with:
1. Contractors performing work for the District.
2. The public, relative to District engineering and construction projects.
3. Engineering and architectural firms to obtain or provide information relative to District projects and projects impacting District facilities.
4. Personnel of other departments and divisions within the District in providing engineering and technical assistance and coordination of project activities.
5. Vendors’, manufacturers’ and/or sales representatives relative to materials, equipment, etc.
An Equal Opportunity Employer “Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation"
January 6, 2022