Director of Events and Programming - The Riverfront
Sports & Entertainment
Director of Events and Programming - The Riverfront
Develops and manages comprehensive event and programming yearly calendar that includes both partner based and self-produced events by performing the following duties:
• The Director of Events & Programming will implement and build upon an event and programming strategy and calendar. Strategy will include: prospective program partners, self-produced event ideas, weekly, monthly & yearly program calendars and event coordinating & contracting practices.
• This position will work with additional team members to develop an event list that best fits The RiverFront.
• Facilitate and build relationships with potential program partners for The RiverFront.
• This position will lead the execution of event policies, best practices, and organization.
• Leads event staff on a daily basis to ensure best guest service to all who visit The RiverFront.
• Responsible for development and execution events and programs budget.
• This position will play an integral part in setting up and maintaining the event management system, Ungerboeck.
• This position will play an integral role in building out and maintaining all event and programming diagrams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for facilitating all events held at The RiverFront.
• Responsible for overseeing guest service initiatives for The RiverFront including Park Ambassador training, management and oversight.
• Oversee a data-driven process, grounded in event-based fundamentals and current trends, to develop new events, retain and grow existing program partners/events, and support the positioning strategy of The RiverFront to meet programming goals.
• Manage the execution of the weekly, monthly, and yearly program calendars with long term goals for future years.
• Manage strategic, event-focused communications in multiple mediums in a timely manner.
• Maintain consistent event policies and protocols.
• Identify event opportunities and develop a strategy and budget for how the event will be executed.
• Collaborates with Director of Sponsorship & Development on event funding and/or sponsorship.
• Responsible for providing excellent client service and executing client needs before, during and after events.
• Work with clients on event layouts and events needs.
• Manage inventory of all program elements.
• Oversee daily park attendance counts and program specific attendance.
• The employee may work irregular hours when necessary.
• Regular and predictable attendance.
• Other duties may be required/assigned.
Will recruit, lead, and motivate the event and program team, carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the event staff.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Event Management - Develops event plans; coordinates events; communicates changes and progress; executes events as intended; manages event team activities.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
• Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; conserves organizational resources.
• Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
• Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• BS/BA degree in management or related is required.
• Five-to-seven years job related experience in event coordination and execution.
• Experience working with marketing teams.
• Experience overseeing, developing and executing events put on for the general public.
• Experience working in development of events and self-executed event situations.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Extensive knowledge of event planning and execution.
• Experience securing program partners.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to produce high quality work.
• Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to complete multiple tasks and a high volume of work on deadline.
• Attention to detail and ability to edit and proofread.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to follow through on assigned tasks with limited supervision.
• Professional attitude and appearance.
• Ability to work under pressure, recognize problems and find solutions.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Computer proficiency in Windows environment; Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This job is normally performed in an outdoor-like environment year-round.
• This job will require working days, nights and on weekends.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
October 8, 2021