Omaha Community Playhouse
Job Title: Properties Artisan
Reports To: Properties Master
Part-time hourly position
Scope of Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Properties Master, the Properties Artisan is responsible for collaborating on the realization of all properties and set dressing required for each Playhouse production and special Playhouse projects, as assigned.
• Create, craft, fabricate and paint prop items.
• Strike all props from the stage after each show closes and return all rented and borrowed props to their origin and all Playhouse property to the proper storage areas.
• Organize and maintain all prop storage areas and ensure a good general appearance of these areas.
• Create, manage and maintain property inventories.
• Attend technical and dress rehearsals, opening night performances and other rehearsals and performances as needed.
• Provide guidance and training to Prop Apprentices as needed.
• Experience in crafting, constructing and painting properties.
• A general knowledge of art and historical style.
• A willingness to adapt to a very flexible work schedule.
• Contribute to an inclusive environment and culture where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
• Share the values of the Omaha Community Playhouse, which include inclusivity, artistic and educational impact, excellence, stewardship and community.
• Post-secondary technical theatre training
$12 to $17 per hour
October 10, 2021