Men\'s Overnight Shelter Staff
Siena Francis House
Men\'s Overnight Shelter Staff
Implements agency policies, procedures, and protocols in Siena Francis House emergency shelter environments to ensure services to shelter guests meet agency’s standards of care. Supervises and trains Miracles work program participants assigned to position’s area(s) of responsibility. Completes Homeless Management Information System [HMIS] and other documentation and reporting tasks as assigned through agency policies, procedures, and protocols, and by Community Impact/Shelter Program Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Models the agency’s mission statement in all interactions with emergency shelter guests.
• Completes the Siena Francis House Emergency Shelter Guest Mutual Expectations Review Form with emergency shelter guests upon their arrival.
• Collaborates with emergency shelter guests to complete the Siena Francis House Emergency Shelter Guest Mutual Expectations Problem-Solving Form when issues arise.
• Completes the Siena Francis House Emergency Shelter Guest Notice to Vacate Premises and documents these efforts in HMIS.
• Maintains situational awareness of conditions within emergency shelter environments, implementing the agency’s de-escalation model as quickly as possible when issues arise, and securing assistance from crisis response entities when needed.
• Completes assigned documentation tasks—including HMIS data entry, facility condition checklists, and other items—and follows up item as needed as outlined in the Siena Francis House Emergency Shelter Ongoing Monitoring Protocol, and/or as assigned by supervisor.
• Builds rapport with emergency shelter guests and—to the extent possible—familiarizes themselves with individuals’ housing plans in order to support guests’ efforts to resolve their episode of homelessness.
• Supports emergency shelter guests’ connections to other service providers by helping to communicate referrals, appointments, etc. to the extent possible.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of/ability to operate in a way that supports the general principles of trauma-informed care.
• Flexibility and ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of emergency shelter environments.
• Ability to use Microsoft office products ( email, word, excel)
• Ability to work with software product such as HMIS. Must receive Clarity training within 60 days of employment.
• Willingness to undergo drug testing and a background investigation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma or Equivalent preferred.
• Experience operating within an emergency shelter environment and/or other type of homeless service provider preferred.
• Other experience in the human services field will be taken into consideration.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is an office setting with varying degrees of temperatures and noise levels.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Siena Francis House provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Siena Francis House is a participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to be successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and reach with hands and arms. The work environment may have extended working hours, frequent time constraints, and shifting priorities, contributing to physical and mental stress. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
July 21, 2021