Temporary Prep Cook
Siena Francis House
Temporary Prep Cook
Assembles and serve meals for the clients. Protect food quality by following operational procedures for food handling, food safety, and infection control. Cleans kitchen facilities in accordance with Health Department and other agencies guidelines, including equipment and appliances; maintains inventory of kitchen supplies and food in a neat and sanitary manner in accordance with Health Department guidelines; prepares meals for daily/weekly/monthly luncheons, and dinners that meet FDA Health Plate Guidelines and the Nebraska Food Code.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Clean dining room tables, chairs, and kitchen areas using CDC cleaning guidelines.
• Follows approved client menu preparation delivery and service protocols within approved timelines.
• Maintains clean, stocked, and continuous service-ready work areas utilizing HACCP and positive food handlers techniques.
• Works with volunteers who are scheduled to perform duties in the kitchen.
• Assist with appropriate inventory of food and supplies by including dating, rotating products for service and documenting outages of same.
• Knowledge of basic hygiene principles
• Knowledge of basic infection control policies and procedures
• Skill in customer relations and service
• Skill in safe food handling
• Ability to assess acceptable food quality
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to promote a positive dining experience
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• High School diploma or GED and experience preferred.
• Previous prep cook experience working in a kitchen setting is preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work environment is an office setting with varying degrees of temperatures and noise levels.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Siena Francis House provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Siena Francis House is a participant in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For information about the E-Verify program, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to be successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and reach with hands and arms. The work environment may have extended working hours, frequent time constraints, and shifting priorities, contributing to physical and mental stress. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
July 21, 2021