Manager of Event Operations
Sports & Entertainment
Manager of Event Operations
Responsible for directly managing and coordinating Event and Security Services for all MECA managed facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise and oversee the activities of the Event Services Coordinator, Security Coordinator, and Wardrobe Lead, including pre-event/post-event briefings.
• Oversee and assist in the scheduling and activities of the Event Services staff including Ticket Takers, Ushers, Crowd Managers, and Guest Services.
• Schedule and oversee Security Services for MECA managed facilities.
• Schedule and oversee Medical Services for MECA managed facilities.
• Serve as the main point of contact for all event security personnel: Establish contact with the client’s security representative. Advance all client related security needs while they are in our facility. Be the onsite point of contact the entire time the show is on site.
• Prepare and distribute all event notes for arena and convention center events.
• Oversee and coordinate all signage for the facility and events.
• Order and maintain all wristbands for alcohol consumption and Suite/Club activities.
• Oversee the development and distribution of printed materials and brochures to include an Event Staff Handbook, Uniform Guidelines, Employee Training Manuals, MECA Information/Guest Guide and all forms related to event operations.
• In conjunction with the Human Resources Department, coordinate the recruiting, screening, hiring, and training of the event services staff.
• Oversee and assist with the scheduling and timekeeping/payroll system using Kronos.
• Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for the Emergency Operations Plan.
• Assist in the communication and coordination with the City of Omaha, Omaha Police Department, Omaha Fire department on event security and services.
• Initiate and oversee the employee incentive and award programs.
• Assist the Box Office in determining ticket manifest set ups and relocation plans.
• Ensures a safe environment for employees and guests.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Manage and oversee employees of the Event and Security Services Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things; fosters teamwork and collaboration; treats others with professionalism regardless of their status or position.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
• Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values; adheres to Code of Ethics.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; follows through on commitments.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; adapts to and supports a changing environment.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University.
• 5-10 years’ prior supervisory experience.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
• Prior experience in an arena, convention center or stadium preferred.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office products.
• Proven ability to encourage and foster effective working relationships. Ability to work effectively between departments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Work is generally performed in an office environment. Incumbent will frequently be exposed to loud noises, dust, and cold/hot weather conditions.
July 21, 2021