Sports & Entertainment
Metropolitan Entertainment & Convention Authority (MECA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that manages the CHI Health Center Omaha Arena and Convention Center and TD Ameritrade Park. We are seeking an Operations Administrator to assist with and coordinate operational tasks including shipping & receiving, purchase orders, maintenance ticketing program, and scheduling of staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain the chain of custody for all deliveries; to include log all deliveries, notifying recipient of arrival of delivery, and secure delivery until received by/signed for by the recipient.
• Assist with purchase orders & budget items for the Operations Department.
• Maintain inventory of shipping materials and office supplies.
• Oversee operations ticketing program, distribute/assign work order request, provide updates.
• Keep event station up to date with for operations staff.
• Assist with schedules, data entry, coding, & reviewing employee’s timecards and updating times on shared calendars.
• Assist with sending utility locate tickets for construction around the property.
• Assist with entering exhibitor orders for trade shows, process payments and work orders.
• Route event medical time sheets to finance.
• Create and maintain the practice schedule for Creighton Basketball.
• Assist in reviewing applications, phone screening and scheduling interviews for new hires
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular and predictable attendance.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; follows through on commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things; fosters teamwork and collaboration; treats others with professionalism regardless of their status or position.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability.
• Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values; adheres to Code of Ethics.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• High School Diploma.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Good attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Work is generally performed in an office environment. Incumbent may be exposed to loud noises, dust, and hot/cold weather conditions.
MECA offers an exciting and ever-changing work environment with a focus on providing an excellent guest experience. If you are looking to work in a challenging environment and can meet deadlines and prioritize, we invite you to apply. MECA offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. This is a full-time position.
Please apply online at http://www.omahameca.com/employees/
June 9, 2021