Facility Services Staff
Sports & Entertainment
Facility Services Staff
Metropolitan Entertainment & Convention Authority (MECA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that manages CHI Health Center Omaha Convention Center & Arena, TD Ameritrade Park Omaha and the new Riverfront project. We are seeking conscientious, hands-on individuals to join our FACILITY SERVICES STAFF. Qualifications include a high school diploma and 1-2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior building operations experience is preferred and the ability to understand and follow diagrams for set-ups and other event related documents such as event manifest, room turn spreadsheets, etc. You must be able to work a flexible schedule and irregular hours and demonstrate regular and consistent attendance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for event set-up/tear-down and move-in/move-out activities including, set-up and removal of chairs, tables, pipe and drape, signage, barricades, and similar event related equipment.
• Occasionally assist in grounds activities of the external environs of the complex (including walkways, drives, docks, parking lots); ability to utilize various grounds equipment (including rakes/shovels, trash pickers, trimmers, etc.)
• Perform routine maintenance/upkeep/cleaning of MECA equipment utilized for event setups (tables, chairs, drapery, etc.).
• Occasionally assist in any housekeeping activities within the complex (including year-round, occasional, and event/post-event needs); ability to utilize various cleaning equipment (including mop/bucket, carpet vacuums and extractors, power washers and scrubbers, etc.).
• Operate various rolling stock equipment (including forklifts, utility carts, high lifts, etc.) Must have appropriate training to operate equipment
• Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment prior to use
• Follow all MECA, local, state, and federal safety guidelines.
• Report any unsafe conditions to the Director of Facility Operations.
• Report any items requiring maintenance to the Director of Facility Operations.
• Assist in the implementation of the Emergency Operations Plan.
• Ensure a safe environment for employees, clients, and guests.
• Requires ability to work flexible and extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Other duties may be assigned.
MECA offers an exciting and ever-changing work environment with a focus on providing an excellent guest experience. If you are a team player looking to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment, we invite you to apply. MECA offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. This is a fulltime position.
Please apply online at http://www.omahameca.com/employees/
April 27, 2021