Omaha Community Playhouse
Job Title: Art Director
Reports To: Director of Marketing/Public Relations
Exempt salaried position
Scope of Responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of the Director of Marketing/Public Relations, the Art Director is responsible for supporting organizational marketing and communication efforts through the development, creation, and implementation of visual collateral that effectively represents the Omaha Community Playhouse brand, productions and services to the public.
• Work directly with the Director of Marketing and Public Relations to plan and implement marketing strategies, promotional activities and positive community relations.
• Manage OCP brand standards and guidelines. Communicates brand standards to staff.
• Create graphics for each production throughout the season, including an overall cohesive theme/look/feel for the season that follows OCP brand guidelines.
• Create graphics, layouts, and edits photos for all external advertising of OCP shows, classes, programs and special events--including direct mail, digital, email, print ads, billboards, email, social media, and others as assigned.
• Work with the Director of Marketing/Public Relations in developing and designing materials to support subscription and single ticket marketing campaigns.
• Provides TicketOmaha with graphic assets needed for online ticket sales.
• Design and maintain marketing-related signage on OCP campus, including outdoor marquee, digital kiosks, large Howard Drew sign, bathroom posters, run time signs, and miscellaneous lobby signage as needed.
• Provides graphic design support for Development department as needed, including donor newsletters, gala invitations and materials, year-end campaign, and others as assigned.
• Provides graphic design support for Education department as needed, including the annual class brochure for the Shirley and Henry Fonda Theatre Academy and TTAP marketing materials as needed.
• Designs and creates outgoing emails in Wordfly. Manages Wordfly email templates.
• Works with Artistic Director, Director of Marketing/PR, and photographer to develop, schedule, and coordinate promotional photo shoots for each season production.
• Seeks out and attends professional development workshops and conferences for ongoing development of graphic design skills and to keep up on industry trends and standards.
• Serves as main point of contact for OCP website management. Updates and maintains marketing-related content on the OCP website. Helps train other departments and new employees on how to manage and update their individual sections of the site. Collaborates with web developers and contractors to keep OCP’s website up-to-date with modern standards.
• Develop contacts with local printing companies and direct mail services to elicit quotes and Playhouse printed material to ensure fair pricing. Concepts, creates and develops print collateral and consults with printers. Presents recommendations and ideas to the Director of Marketing/Public Relations and others as needed.
• Compiles and designs the Prompter for all applicable productions in the season, in collaboration with department heads and the Director of Marketing and Public Relations. Uses online editing software to allow for other departments to proofread and edit.
• Edits brochures, publications, correspondence and other materials for accuracy, clarity and compliance with department standards and policies.
• Assists the Director of Marketing/Public Relations in coordinating marketing activities with other Omaha arts organizations.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree in graphic design, advertising or communications or another field with related work experience, or equivalent relevant experience.
• Extensive graphic design knowledge and experience with layout, design, drawing and photo editing software, including Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Flash, and Adobe Illustrator.
• Excellent pre-press knowledge, understanding of print layout and the ability to provide workable formats for printers, newspaper, magazines and ad agencies.
• Proficient knowledge in designing for web, digital, and email campaigns. Sufficient knowledge of HTML.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must have demonstrated the skills to handle a multitude of assignments simultaneously.
• Must have the ability to work under deadline pressure.
• Contribute to an inclusive environment and culture where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
• Share the values of the Omaha Community Playhouse, which include inclusivity, artistic and educational impact, excellence, stewardship and community.
• 2-5 years minimum of previous graphic design experience.
• Proficient with macOS.
• A good understanding of theatre
$36,000 to $47,500
May 19, 2023