PT Steelhouse Event Security
Omaha Performing Arts
PT Steelhouse Event Security
Classification: Part-time, Non-Exempt
Schedule: Performance-based (primarily nights and weekends)
Pay: $18-$20/hour based on experience
As front-line representatives of Omaha Performing Arts, the Event Security team provides exceptional customer service and ensures every patron has a safe, positive, and enjoyable experience while attending events at Steelhouse Omaha. The event Security team will guard, patrol, and/or monitor the venue premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules. May operate metal detector equipment.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
• Circulate among guests and/or employees to preserve safety and order while protecting the venue property.
• Ensure guest safety through proactive personal interaction and removing hazards in the area of responsibility
• Prevent and resolve altercations among guests
• Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure the security of doors, windows
• Lead guests and other employees in emergency evacuation procedures and provide assistance
• Ensure that no weapons or harmful items enter the venue by inspecting every guest with a metal detector or wand
• Enforce House policy regarding photos/videos/recording devices
• Safeguard against theft and property damage
• Communicate clearly using radios and flashlights. Remain in constant contact throughout the shift
• Warn persons of rule infractions or violations and apprehend or evict violators from premises
• As a representative of O-pa, required to adhere to organizational policies, including Harassment Policy, Drug & Alcohol Policy, and Tobacco-Free Workplace Policy.
• Attend any required development/training sessions
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
• Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance; ability to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedures.
• Highly effective oral communication skills with a variety of patrons
• Good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices in a business environment, and enforcement procedures.
• Must have internet access for digital performance sign-up as well as a valid email account for digital correspondence
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Security/Law Enforcement experience preferred
Minimum Education Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent experience required
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
• Requires acute hearing when providing patron service and advising of time constraints
• Must be able to work in a loud and noisy environment
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
• Requires occasional walking, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, squatting, and stooping.
• May be required to lift up to 10 pounds.
May 19, 2023