Job Title: Rental Coordinator
Department: Visitor Services
Reports To: Senior Director of Guest Experiences
Schedule: Tuesday through Saturday typically and for all rental events.
FLSA Status: Hourly, overtime eligible
Lauritzen Gardens is seeking one dynamic, self-motivated, credible individual to be responsible for generating rental income, managing rental records, and executing all rental events at Lauritzen Gardens while providing exemplary service to clients in a professional and friendly manner. The ideal candidate must be business minded, sales oriented, willing to follow proven success methods and enjoy talking to and working with potential wedding and corporate clients. The rental coordinator typically works a Tuesday through Saturday schedule, but is also required other days when events are booked or large garden events take place, so their schedule does change accordingly.
• Generating rental revenue through outreach and walk-in traffic
• Book and manage all garden rentals; meet annual rental sales goal
• Build and steward relationships with rental clientele from first contact through event execution and afterward
• Organize and support garden events as needed
• Maintain accurate events calendar and booking usage of the facility to prevent event date conflicts
• Communicate effectively with garden staff and non-direct reports regarding garden events, timelines and set up details
• Maintain accurate and detailed rental files
• Conduct research on prospective events, follow up with event organizers
• Assist in the coordination of rental marketing
• Manage outreach events for rental department: bridal fairs, corporate event booths, etc.
• Maintain communications with all outside rental vendors to ensure seamless events
• Ensure that the integrity of Lauritzen Gardens products remain at an acceptable level during all rental events
Preparation and Knowledge:
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Event and/or rental experience preferred
• Sales experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
• Must have strong organizational and time management skills
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks, prioritize projects and meet deadlines
• Must be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision
• Must be computer literate with knowledge of word processing and database programs (Blackbaud Altru a plus)
• Must demonstrate initiative
• Must provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clientele
• Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work with all levels of management and staff
• Must have a team attitude and be willing to work with all other departments around events and rentals
At Lauritzen Gardens we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and work with, where we all feel empowered to bring our full, authentic selves to work. We know creating a diverse and inclusive culture that champions equity and belonging is not only the right thing to do for our employees but is also critical to our continued success.
We welcome the unique background, culture, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression and perspectives you can bring to our global community. Our recruitment team is looking forward to meeting you.
April 20, 2021