Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is responsible for developing and managing District wide diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) programming. In addition, the Position is tasked with supporting related internal programming, supporting recruiting, promotional and retention efforts relative to DE&I, serving as liaison to the District’s Employee Resource Groups and building relationships with community partners in support of District-wide efforts to grow DE&I efforts and engagement. In addition, the Position will support the District’s training needs and a variety of other District initiatives including but not limited to DE&I related training. This Position may be assigned direct reports.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or a related field. A specialized Human Resources or Training certification is preferred.
2. Minimum of five (5) years of varied experience in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related experience.
3. Minimum two (2) years of experience creating and/or managing DE&I programs or initiatives. DE&I experience in a corporate or large public environment preferred.
4. Previous experience conducting & evaluating employee engagement surveys through use of survey software preferred.
5. Ability to professionally and effectively engage in all phases of employee relations including training, evaluating, coaching, and development. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
6. Ability to clearly instruct and communicate to provide effective training.
7. Ability to work independently, maintain strict confidentiality while carrying out duties, and meet established work priorities and deadlines.
8. Maintain a professional working relationship with all levels of District employees and be responsive to them.
9. High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Familiarity with SAP/SuccessFactors programs is preferred.
10. Ability to learn new or upgraded computer software as required.
11. Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple job tasks with competing deadlines while working independently.
12. Excellent written and verbal communication skills to assist internal and external customers, co-workers, and management professionally, regardless of provocation.
13. Work primarily performed in an office setting amid normal conditions of dust, odors, fumes, office lighting and noise.
14. This job is eligible for a hybrid in-office and work from home flexible work arrangement.
15. Have and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
16. Travel may occasionally be required.
In order to effectively contribute to the objectives of the District, the Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is accountable and responsible to:
1. Support the Vice President, Human Resources in planning and implementing the District’s DE&I roadmap to include annual updates to the Diversity & Inclusion program, internal and external diversity communications and initiatives impacting employees and the community.
2. Support all other divisional vice presidents in pursuing appropriate DE&I based initiatives and improvements to existing policies or procedures.
3. Track and produce quarterly and annual DE&I metrics reporting. Research and compile DE&I benchmark statistics related to personnel, recruiting. Present the statistics, metrics, goals and accomplishments to the President or the Board of Directors as directed.
4. Collaborate with the Human Resources managers and other stakeholders on DE&I initiatives.
5. Serve as an HR liaison for the District’s Employee Resource Groups (ERG). Attend ERG meetings, participate in the review of ERG event requests and engage ERG leadership and Sr. Team sponsors on a regular basis.
6. Plan and launch DE&I learning/training initiatives, with responsibility for program development, content creation, and internal communication, and as needed facilitate DE&I workshops and trainings as a facilitator. Coordinate external trainers/presenters as needed.
7. Develop internal and external DE&I communications, including but not limited to the monthly employee DE&I communication, community messaging, myMUDConnect intranet DE&I page content and the District’s diversity recognition calendar.
8. Confer with management to plan and conduct an annual employee engagement survey and other employee assessments/surveys to gather data and identify areas of opportunity.
9. Support the District to reach the goal of yielding an engaged and diverse workforce that actively seeks to participate in development programs, training opportunities, career and personal growth and other programs offered by the District.
10. Support the long-term and short-term strategic goals related to the District’s Organizational Excellence core value.
11. Evaluate trainer/instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs/presentations.
12. Work with Vice President, Human Resources to prepare the DE&I budget for the Human Resources Department and the District.
13. Collaborate with Manager, Employment to develop and facilitate mentor, sponsor and/or job rotation opportunities at the District.
14. Direct the work of assigned HR staff members as needed.
15. Develop talent: coach and mentor employees; support employee growth and development through leadership opportunities and professional development.
16. Provide employees feedback through completion of performance appraisals and employee one-on-one meetings.
17. Manage employee unacceptable behavior, poor work performance or policy violations, including the use of discipline when appropriate.
18. Maintain financial oversight of budget or works with financial responsibility in mind.
19. Plan for attrition through awareness of separation risks, cross-training, employee development and succession planning.
20. Understand and comply with all pertinent District Policies and Procedures.
21. Fulfill responsibilities common to all Supervisory, Professional and Administrative personnel as stated.
22. Perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
In contributing to the objectives of the District, the Manager, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is responsible for effecting constructive relationships with:
1. All levels of supervisory, professional, clerical and operating personnel relative to DE&I, related training and general Human Resources matters.
2. Various industry professionals and community partners to obtain and exchange data relative to DE&I and other related topics.
3. Municipal and governmental agencies or organizations relative to exchanging information.
*Please ensure the application is filled out thoroughly to be considered for this position
An Equal Opportunity Employer “Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation"
March 8, 2023