Digital Project Manager & Editor
Digital Project Manager & Editor
- The Digital Project Manager & Editor is a creative collaborator who works within the Digital Team to develop and produce the Omaha Symphony’s digital projects and programming.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and edits content for placement on OSA website and other platforms, including lectures, master classes, concert footage, Education, and Marketing content.
- Participates in the design of video graphics, titles, music, and creative look of shows; makes editorial decisions in collaboration with Associate Director of Digital Initiatives regarding assembly of information, illustrations, and content.
- Works with Marketing Department in content production for OSA’s social media platforms.
- Conducts interviews; manages talent. Serves as editor, videographer, and/or audio/lighting specialist, as needed.
- Develops compelling, professional visual design to communicate OSA’s organizational goals.
- Works cross-departmentally to create digital graphics (social media posts, email campaigns, surveys; presentations); interactive media; web design; and/or branding (logos, style guides).
- Works as a liaison between Digital, Education & Community Engagement, and Marketing Departments, attending cross-departmental meetings as needed.
- Provides input on strategy and innovative message delivery for distinct target audiences.
- Advises other departments on needs associated with proposed digital projects.
- Assists in video equipment load-ins/outs for OSA digital production weeks.
- Assists in the execution of all OSA audio and video productions; the scheduling and recording of concert captures, artist interviews, B-roll, and other relevant footage.
- Operates cameras, both manned and robotic, during OSA productions of all scales.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience in editing and video project management.
- Must have a strong sense of design, composition, and media production that is modern/current.
- Knowledge of professional audio/video staging techniques and equipment.
- Knowledge of professional audio/video editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards.
- Knowledge of audio/video content storage and archiving procedures.
- A compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite for print and digital design.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams, collaborating effectively with colleagues in both content and technical development.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities, managing multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of classical music is desirable.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with great attention to detail.
- This position is expected to work some evenings and weekends.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Arts, Marketing or related discipline from an accredited university or college.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate; public events are moderate to loud.
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Panasonic PTZ Cameras and Controllers
- Blackmagic DSLRs and Hyperdeck Recording Equipment
- General Office Equipment (Computer, Telephone, Fax, Copier, Printer).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $47,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
September 13, 2022