Human Resources Recruiter
Omaha Performing Arts
Human Resources Recruiter
Classification: Full Time Exempt
Schedule: M-F 8am-5pm
- Life, ADD, LTD
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Pre-Tax Parking
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k); 401(k) matching
- Time-off benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Additional employee discounts
This position is responsible for identifying, engaging, and hiring talent in partnership with organizational hiring managers to meet the needs of Omaha Performing Arts (O-pa) for all venues including the Holland Performing Arts Center, the Orpheum Theatre, and Steelhouse Omaha.
The Recruiter will have a broad knowledge of talent acquisition methods, practices, and techniques. This position will guide candidates through the O-pa hiring process and proactively identify future staffing needs. In alignment with the O-pa IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility) strategy, the recruiter will facilitate inclusive, intentional, and impactful hiring practices.
This position utilizes interpersonal skills, is capable of building relationships and embodies the organization’s Core Values of Trust, Team, Integrity, and Inclusion.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consults with hiring managers and human resources to understand the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) desired for vacant position(s).
- Screens and interviews candidates, acting as a liaison between the candidate and hiring manager.
- Responsible for maintaining a current understanding of fair and competitive market salaries, candidate availability, and demand for candidates in arts administration and food services.
- Establishes relationships within the community to proactively seek out candidates, build pipelines and maintain a recruitment network.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager to identify and recommend salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and offer details.
- Checks candidates’ references and credentials, verifying experience and backgrounds.
- Organizes and attends job fairs, campus events, and other networking opportunities.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the organizational applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Facilitates the onboarding process including maintaining documentation and coordinating orientation.
- Utilizes data-driven analytics to measure and inform recruitment strategy.
- Handles day-to-day interactions with Food Services, including hiring, trainings, and policy implementation.
- Identifies high potential talent for organization-wide succession planning.
- Maintains and ensures compliance with applicable equal employment opportunity (EEO) and related employment laws and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of human resources or related experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with aptitude in conducting interviews.
- Thorough understanding of EEO, ADA, and other related employment laws and guidelines.
- Maintain personnel information in a confidential, objective, and professional manner.
- Self-starter that works independently in the completion of assigned tasks and excercises good judgment in working within the scope of the Recruiter’s authority.
- Excellent clerical, administrative and organizational skills.
- Must work well in a fast-paced team environment, while maintaining a degree of composure and professionalism.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Proven attention to detail and accuracy
- Requires ability to manage time, prioritize task completion and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Requires good mathematical and grammar skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.)
Minimum Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Sales & Marketing, or related field required.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
- Ability to handle the mental/physical strain involved in the use of printed materials, computer screens and preparing data or information for reports.
- Moderate manual dexterity for basic keyboard work; including grasping, repetitive hand movement and fine coordination.
- Requires near vision in reading correspondence, reports and using the computer.
- Acute hearing is required when providing phone service and taking notes at meetings.
- The need to lift, drag, and push files and computer reports weighing up to 25 pounds also is required.
- Requires occasional standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, squatting, and stooping.
- The incumbent works in an environment of frequent interruption.
- General office equipment (computer, telephone, fax, copier, scanner, and printer).
August 4, 2022