Senior ERP Technical/Functional Analyst - HCM/HR
Senior ERP Technical/Functional Analyst - HCM/HR
Under very limited supervision, the Senior ERP Technical/Functional Analyst provides support to
departments and end-users utilizing Business Systems applications in their daily and regular
business operations. Specifically, this senior analyst is a functional and technical expert in one
or more SAP ERP modules including SAP Business Warehouse. Additionally, the senior analyst has
domain knowledge related to the underlying business units which utilize these solutions in the
District. Using standard business methodology and processes, gathers, analyzes, and documents the
business rules and requirements from internal functional business units. Designs, builds, and
facilitates the implementation of solutions to meet identified business needs, ensures the accurate
implementation of District policy, practice, and processes within the Business Systems applications
This is a senior level analyst position which combines solid business experience and Information
Technology ability, across multiple business areas, functional and/or technical modules. May
supervise other employees on a project basis or day to day business operations. Expected to train
and mentor junior analysts.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, business with MIS/IT emphasis or
a related field, plus a minimum seven (7) years related work experience in project management,
software development or system support.
2. Master’s Degree preferred.
3. Must have a minimum of six (6) years of experience in Human Capital Management Software or Human
Resources Information Systems implementing and/or providing day to day support. This includes
knowledge of systems as well as policy and procedures for Best Practices in one or more functional
4. Must have proven experience as a project or functional team lead on multiple implementations.
5. Must have superior Business Documentation Skills, including all phases of the development cycle,
with emphasis on Requirements, Configuration, Testing, and Training materials.
6. Technical proficiency as an SAP Technical/Functional Expert in one or more areas of SAP,
including but not limited to: HCM for one or more of the following modules: Organizational
Management (OM), Personnel Administration (PA), Personnel Time Management (PT), Payroll Accounting
(PY) with experience in having implemented and/or provided day to day support of these modules.
Proficient working knowledge of SuccessFactors (SF) talent management modules and Employee Central
(EC) with experience in having implemented and/or provided day to day support for one or more of
the following modules: Recruitment, (RCM), Learning Management System (LMS), Employee Central,
(EC), Position Management, Performance Management, (PM), and Goals, (GM). Working knowledge and
experience is required with EC alerts, notifications, workflows, data loads, and business rules.
Working knowledge and experience is required with Role Based Permissions (RBP), Picklist
Management, Ad hoc reporting and Dashboards. Working knowledge and experience with integrations and
replication of data between EC and SAP via CPI is desired. Minimum of two (2) full lifecycle
implementations of integrated SAP projects highly desired.
7. Proficiency in computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and knowledge of
8. Ability to learn new or upgraded computer software as required.
9. Excellent written and verbal communications skills to assist internal and external customers,
co-workers and management professionally, regardless of provocation.
10. Demonstrated interpersonal skills managing, leading, and working within successful ERP/GIS
projects due to the significant interfacing with Business Users and Management as well as all areas
11. Must have superior analytical skills and the capability of seeing the overall impact of
proposed changes, both in the Business Process as well as the Software Applications.
12. Must have the ability to work independently, demonstrate self-motivation and time management.
13. Must be capable of organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks and requests.
14. Requirements of the job necessitate availability to respond to and support critical systems
24x7x365 within reason. Candidate is expected to work in or around the District’s service area.
15. Work is primarily performed in an office setting amid normal conditions of dust, odors, fumes,
office lighting and noise.
In order to effectively contribute to the objectives of the District, the Senior ERP
Technical/Functional Analyst is accountable and responsible for:
1. Interfacing with one or more functional areas of the District represented and supported by
Business Systems applications.
2. Function as the technical expert and providing support on one or more SAP ERP modules, ESRI GIS
components, and/or Web components.
3. Recommend revision to SAP ERP/ESRI GIS - related business processes to increase efficiency,
accuracy, and timeliness.
4. Gather, define and document business requirements on behalf of the business process owners,
business system owners, subject matter experts, users, and other stakeholders, then developing
detailed functional and design specifications suitable for implementation.
5. Participate in all phases of the system development lifecycle as a functional and technical
6. Work with quality assurance in the design and performance of acceptance tests, change
control, and release management processes.
7. Keep abreast of vendor updates and new technologies; evaluating technology advances and making
8. Engage in User Groups and/or, professional organizations.
9. Presenting at industry conferences.
10. Act within the spirit of District and Department values.
11. Understand and comply with all pertinent District Policies and Procedures.
12. Fulfill responsibilities common to all Supervisory, Professional, and Administrative positions.
13. Perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
In contributing to the objectives of the District, the Senior ERP Technical/Functional Analyst is
responsible for effecting constructive relationships with:
1. Supervisors and staff in all Divisions within the respective Functional Business Units related
to their module and/or application of expertise, in order to assess business and operational needs
and facilitate solutions that emphasize Best Practices.
2. Other Information Technology professionals - in both Functional and Technical roles within, and
outside of, the District - in order to facilitate the implementation of IT solutions in conformance
with District policies, practice and processes.
3. Business professionals in various IT positions at other companies, in order to gather and share
information on current policy, practice and procedures within the industry as well as the general
*Please ensure the application is filled out thoroughly to be considered for this position
An Equal Opportunity Employer “Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation"
August 2, 2022