Packer - Part Time
Packer - Part Time
Level D1 packers primarily assigned to duties in which include packing lids and containers.
HOURS: Saturday & Sunday 6:30 AM - 3:00 PM
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Gather packaging materials for specific products being produced, to include boxes, liners, tape, stickers and dividers.
• Assemble and tape boxes and trays.
• Line and prepare boxes for packaging
• Remove product from stackers, spin bars or re-stackable tables and pack finished product per P&H notes.
• Feed unprinted product to print presses.
• Visually inspect product and packaging to requirements, including color, size and configuration.
• Reject product that does not meet requirements.
• Place product in boxes, seal boxes and place boxes on pallets
• Climb stairs, step stools, etc.
• Ability to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for position
• Regular attendance to ensure production requirements are met
• Ability to read, hear, write, communicate and comprehend written instructions in English
• Lift upwards to 47 pounds and between different heights
• Must be able to keep pace with machine that includes fast paced grasping and/or constant lifting
• Must be able to stand/walk continuously on concrete flooring for the majority of an 8 hour shift
• Must be able to distinguish between various color hues
• Must be able to identify obvious defects
• Must be able to work in an environment where there is exposure to moving mechanical parts, high noise level and fork truck traffic
• Must be able to follow simple instructions
• Must be able to identify box with appropriate case labeling
• Must be able to adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations
• Must possess basic level computer skills
• Must have ability to perform duties in either Traditional or IML
• Responsible for reporting food safety problems to management
• Must be courteous and respectful regardless of status or position
• Maintains attendance company standards.
• Must validate that they can perform duties on all north side platforms (containers, lids, systecs, dual robots, and polymac equipment)
• Must obtain South Side machine validations.
• Other duties as assigned
• Six months related experience and/or training.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Basic math skills
• Knowledge of GMP’s
• Adapt to change in different work environment
• Take the initiative to ask for and offer help when needed
• Upholds and supports organizational goals and values
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English.
• Basic knowledge of computers and entry procedures.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb, stoop, squat or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
August 3, 2022