Airlite Plastics is a premier, privately held, family owned manufacturer headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our family style and personal culture is what makes Airlite an amazing place to grow and build a successful career. Airlite’s company values of unquestionable integrity and respect and appreciation for each other are at the core of our success! These values set a strong foundation to build on where we can ‘wow’ our customers with innovative product and sustainable solutions, and continuously improve our processes and efficiencies.
Our product lines include rigid plastic containers and lids for food packaging, dry powder scoops, plastic drink cups, shipping containers, industrial strength insulated concrete forms (ICF) and sustainable permeable paving systems. As pioneers in our industry, focused on sustainable solutions, we strive to provide our customers with top-notch service and quality, which aligns with our award-winning products.
How would you contribute?
As a Maintenance Apprentice, you will work alongside a fully trained maintenance technician while performing various functions within the maintenance engineering department. This includes, but is not limited to, equipment and machinery moves, preventative maintenance, robotics, general maintenance, and building maintenance. This role will also participate in special projects within the related department. A team member will be an apprentice for a minimum of six months, not to exceed two years.
• Perform routine preventative maintenance inspections.
• Assist trained maintenance professionals in the assembly, troubleshooting, diagnoses, and repair of manufacturing machinery.
• Utilize hand tools and common shop machinery in an industrial setting.
• Assist trained maintenance professionals in movement and assembly of industrial machinery.
• Use troubleshooting and problem-solving skills and communicate issues to leadership with potential solution ideas.
• Assist trained maintenance professionals in the layout, assembly, installation, and maintenance of hydraulic pneumatic equipment and air compressors
• Assist trained maintenance professionals in the setup and operation of machine tools to include lathe, grinder, drill, and milling machines to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
• Assist trained maintenance professionals in the dismantling of defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
• Maintains company attendance standards.
• Adheres to Airlite’s safety policy
• Reports food safety concerns to management.
Do you have what it takes?
Airlite Plastics is a versatile employer; complacency is not one of our strengths! We work hard each day to ensure that equipment efficiency and customer satisfaction never leave our line of site. Successful candidates for the Maintenance Mechanic Apprentice position will possess the following:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Minimum of one year related experience and/or training preferred
• Lockout Tagout training completed successfully within 30 days.
• Forklift license completed successfully within 60 days.
• Overhead Hoist / Crain training completed successfully within 60 days.
• Elevated work platform (scissors lift) training completed successfully within 60 days
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to use hand tools.
• Ability to read tapes and calipers.
• Capability to utilize problem solving skills.
• Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects/activities/goals.
• Must be able to work well with other, build partnerships and support team members.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and tactful in dealing with people at all levels.
• Must be self-motivated and positive.
• Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
• Display highest ethical standards.
• Maintain the utmost level of confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information.
• Detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Basic computer skills with the ability to operate Microsoft Office products.
• Upholds and supports organizational goals and values.
• Takes initiative and asks for help when needed.
• Ability to work weekends and holidays, as required by company maintenance priorities, machine installation schedules, and plant emergencies.
• Must have the ability to remain in an apprentice position for a minimum of six (6) months.
Our Core Values Drive Us!
• Do you conduct yourself with unquestionable integrity?
• Do you demonstrate respect and appreciation for those around you?
• Are you innovative and strive to challenge the status quo?
• Do you strive for continuous improvement and to deliver the “wow” factor?
• Do you care about environmentally sustainable solutions?
• Do you take meaning and pride in a job well done?
What’s in it for you?
As a Full Time employee, you will be eligible for the following benefits:
• Hiring BONUS – ($1000 for 1st & 2nd Shift, $2000 for 3rd Shift)
• Health, dental and vision insurance
• Company paid life insurance
• Company paid short term disability
• Generous 401k match
• Generous Time Off
• Annual company activities
August 3, 2022