Facility Services Staff
Sports, Entertainment & Hospitality
Facility Services Staff
• Performs operational functions at MECA managed facilities as directed by the Director of Facility Operations and Facility Services Lead(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for event set-up/tear-down and move-in/move-out activities including, set-up and removal of chairs, tables, pipe and drape, signage, barricades, and similar event related equipment.
• Occasionally assist in grounds activities of the external environs of the complex (including walkways, drives, docks, parking lots); ability to utilize various grounds equipment (including rakes/shovels, trash pickers, trimmers, etc.)
• Perform routine maintenance/upkeep/cleaning of MECA equipment utilized for event setups (tables, chairs, drapery, etc.).
• Occasionally assist in any housekeeping activities within the complex (including year-round, occasional, and event/post-event needs); ability to utilize various cleaning equipment (including mop/bucket, carpet vacuums and extractors, power washers and scrubbers, etc.).
• Operate various rolling stock equipment (including forklifts, utility carts, high lifts, etc.) Must have appropriate training to operate equipment
• Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment prior to use
• Follow all MECA, local, state and federal safety guidelines.
• Report any unsafe conditions to the Director of Facility Operations.
• Report any items requiring maintenance to the Director of Facility Operations.
• Assist in the implementation of the Emergency Operations Plan.
• Ensure a safe environment for employees, clients, and guests.
• Requires ability to work flexible and extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others\\\' ideas and tries new things.
• Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others\\\' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone\\\'s efforts to succeed.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization\\\'s goals and values.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma and 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior building operations experience preferred.
• Ability to understand and follow diagrams for set-ups and other event related documents such as event manifest, room turn spreadsheets, etc.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and irregular hours.
• Ability to demonstrate regular and consistent attendance.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to remain working in a standing or walking manner for extended periods. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb stairs and ladders, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and drive; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; push and pull carts. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds sometimes overhead, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50+ pounds.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals and loud noises.
June 20, 2022