Hospitality, Sports & Entertainment
Provides support of plumbing systems at The RiverFront.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Omaha Journeyman Plumbing License Required
• Installs, repairs, and maintains plumbing fixtures such as fountains, water features, pumps, irrigation systems, sinks, traps, vents, toilets, water heaters, faucets, drains, hydrants, and filters.
• Performs preventative maintenance of plumbing fixtures and systems, and initiates work orders to prevent breakdowns and to correct deficiencies.
• Understand and assist in the maintenance of the Automated Park Management System.
• Read and understand blueprints and associated product manufacturer’s literature.
• Repairs and maintains pipe systems designed to conduct flow of hot and cold water, sewage, gas, air and fire suppression systems.
• Maintain and repair irrigation system throughout the property.
• Annual maintenance of pass-through systems, water systems with pumps, back flow systems and appropriate chemicals.
• General care and maintenance of hose bibs throughout the park.
• Keep accurate records of repairs and preventive maintenance work
• Advises in the selection, ordering and storage of plumbing materials, equipment, and hardware.
• Perform locate request for water lines on property.
• Follow all MECA, local, state and federal safety guidelines to ensure a safe environment for employees, clients, and guests.
• Operate various rolling equipment (including forklifts, utility carts, high lifts, etc.). Must have appropriate training to operate equipment.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Other duties as assigned.
• To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
• Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Must hold and maintain a journeyman’s license.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends is a must. Overtime may be required.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic PC knowledge including email, internet and Microsoft Office products.
Education and/or Experience:
• One-year certificate from college or technical school; or at least two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic PC knowledge including email, internet, and Microsoft Office products.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places and outside weather conditions.
June 20, 2022