Maintenance Technician - The RiverFront
Hospitality, Sports, & Entertainment
Maintenance Technician - The RiverFront
Provides a wide range of maintenance care tasks at a high level – pristine at The RiverFront, including event set-up/tear down, maintenance and repairs of park features, equipment, grounds and park/building systems:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs maintenance, repairs and upkeep of The RiverFront general grounds, buildings, water features and parking lots as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
• Performs building up-keep, furniture repair & replacement, artwork upkeep, playground equipment repair, etc.
• Operates vehicles, grounds maintenance equipment, power tools, and various hand tools to perform job responsibilities.
• Performs winter season duties including plowing and shoveling snow and ice treatment.
• Conducts monthly inspections and files reports, as directed by Maintenance Manager.
• Performs general custodial and janitorial duties, in park, restrooms, shop areas, and other facilities.
• Maintains service logs, task tracking, vehicle inspections sheets, daily check out sheets, and other work records and reports, as directed by Maintenance Manager.
• Works assigned schedules, exhibits regular and punctual attendance and works outside of normal schedules as required.
• Provides service to the public, responding to questions, offering assistance, and providing information.
• Performs event set-up, change over and striking activities for all events held within the park property.
• Collaborates internally, within and across departments, to provide information and service to others in the organization to contribute to the effective operation of the organization and all staff.
• Works with other departments during special events.
• Most duties will be performed outdoors.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Regular and predictable attendance.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma and 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Prior park or building grounds experience preferred.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and irregular hours.
• Ability to demonstrate regular and consistent attendance.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Experience maintaining carefully thought-out spaces preferred.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to follow through on assigned tasks with limited supervision.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk, climb stairs and ladders or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This job is normally performed in an outdoor environment year-round.
• This job will require working days, nights and on weekends.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
June 20, 2022