Sports & Entertainment
FULL-TIME MAINTENANCE STAFF
Metropolitan Entertainment & Convention Authority (MECA) manages CHI Health Center Omaha Convention Center & Arena, TD Ameritrade Park Omaha. We are seeking conscientious, hands-on individuals to join our MAINTENANCE STAFF. Qualifications include a high school diploma and 1-2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior building operations experience is preferred and the ability to work a flexible schedule and irregular hours and demonstrate regular and consistent attendance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform routine maintenance, inside and outside MECA managed facilities.
• Complete repairs inside and outside of MECA managed facilities (including drywall, tile, fence, concrete patching, etc.).
• Assist in all changeovers, set-up/tear-down and move-in/move-out activities.
• Assist in all grounds activities of the external environs of the complex (including walkways, drives, docks, parking lots, along with the maintenance of trees, shrubs, and grass areas); ability to utilize various grounds equipment (including rakes/shovels, mowers, trimmers, leaf blowers, snow blowers, etc.)
• Assist in any housekeeping activities within the complex (including year-round, occasional, and event/post-event needs); ability to utilize various cleaning equipment (including mop/bucket, carpet vacuums and extractors, floor machines, power washers, etc.).
• Operate various rolling stock equipment (including forklifts, utility carts, high lifts, lawn mowers, etc.); ability to assist with routine maintenance (including changing oil, filters, batteries, mower blades, belts, etc.). Must have appropriate training to operate equipment
• Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
• Follow all MECA, local, state, and federal safety guidelines.
• Report any unsafe conditions to the Director of Facility Operations.
• Report any items requiring maintenance to the Director of Facility Operations.
• Assist in the implementation of the Emergency Operations Plan.
• Ensure a safe environment for employees, clients, and guests.
• Requires ability to work flexible and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Other duties may be assigned.
MECA offers an exciting and ever-changing work environment with a focus on providing an excellent guest experience. If you are a team player looking to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment, we invite you to apply. MECA offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. This is a full-time position.
For a complete job description please apply online at http://www.omahameca.com/employees/
July 15, 2021