Omaha Performing Arts
• Classification: Full Time Exempt
• Schedule: M-F 8am-5pm
• Pay: $50,000 - $55,000/year
• Life, ADD, LTD
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Pre-Tax Parking
• Supplemental Insurance
• 401(k); 401(k) matching
• Time-off benefits
• Employee assistance program
• Additional employee discounts
Provides special project management for the President, other staff and Omaha Performing Arts as assigned. Also helps provide administrative support for the President. Must adhere to O-pa’s Core Values of Team, Inclusion, Trust, and Integrity.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
• Special Projects:
• Leads special projects and meetings as assigned including handling of details, scheduling, preparing agendas, and follow-up.
• Ensures projects are planned appropriately with assigned responsibilities, timelines, and objectives, and ensures the process and projects are completed.
• Schedules campus expansion meetings for President, design team and other consultants, and interfaces with design and construction team as required.
• Works closely with the President to manage and coordinate organization-wide projects.
• Represents the President at both internal and external meetings as requested.
• Administrative – working in coordination and closely with the Executive Assistant:
• Answers phone and emails on behalf of the President
• Schedules, arranges, and coordinates meetings for the President and others as requested.
• Composes and/or transcribes correspondence upon request including internal and external emails, presentations, reports, and meeting minutes.
• Serves as back-up to handle organizational details for Board meetings.
• Makes travel arrangements (booking hotel, air, car rentals, etc.) in partnership with the Executive Assistant
• Assists in organizing and maintaining filing systems.
• Attends Senior Staff meetings when requested.
• Corresponds in a timely, pleasant, and professional manner with all O-pa constituents (Board members, staff, artists, volunteers, customers, government officials/agencies, project team members, other arts organizations, vendors, etc.).
• Maintains confidentiality of all O-pa information.
• Serves as a backup to the Executive Assistant in day-to-day functions
• May perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
• Flexible schedule required to provide coverage for critical business situations including meetings with Board of Directors, consultants, associates, and clients.
• Ability to be self-motivated with processes and assignments, motivate others, and ensure projects are completed on time.
• Ability to plan projects and also execute the details, budget and timeline.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to produce accurate, high-quality products.
• Flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Pro-active in identifying and meeting organizational needs.
• Service-oriented and operates with a growth mindset.
• Familiarity with making travel arrangements.
• Proficient in MS Office Products, especially Outlook and SharePoint
• Proven ability to manage multiple outstanding tasks and/or projects.
• Proven ability to work under pressure while maintaining composure and a pleasant demeanor.
Minimum Education Requirements:
• Associates degree or higher in related field.
• Minimum five (5) years administrative experience or equivalent.
• No physical exertion required.
• Required to sit for long periods of time.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
• Requires concentration for long periods of time.
• General office equipment (computer, telephone, fax, copier, and printer).
May 19, 2023