Performs duties involving the cleaning of all Boys Town National Research Hospital (BTNRH) clinical and non-clinical departments located on the East and West Hospital Campuses.
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
$2,500.00 HIRING BONUS!
Job Summary: In a career as an Environmental Services Technician, your behind-the-scenes work is what leads to making the magic of our mission come true every day. You will join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that patient rooms are cared for and inspected according to standards. You will perform a variety of cleaning activities using appropriate protective gear while making sure there are no inadequacies. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the way America cares for children and families.
Schedule: Hours to Be Discussed
• Cleaning of all patient rooms, clinical and public areas. Performs terminal cleaning of operating rooms.
• Cleaning between operating room cases and/or in between patient admissions and discharges in a timely manner.
• Monitors, cleans, and replenishes linens and supplies to the appropriate areas.
• Utilizes and maintains equipment properly, according to manufacture directions for use.
• Transports trash and hazardous waste to required disposal location safely.
• Cleans emergency spills as requested in a timely manner.
• Exhibits great customer service with providers, employees, patients and visitors.
• Takes appropriate precautions using Infection Control practices.
• Reports safety concerns when identified, i.e. tripping hazards, equipment malfunction, environmental concerns, etc.
• Serve as a role model for ethical behavior and promote awareness and moral principles of the Mission, Vision, & Values of Boys Town.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred.
• Ability to speak, read, and write Basic English.
• Cleaning experience strongly preferred.
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Some computer skills required.
• Ability to use a communication device.
• Must be 21 years of age if working in the Residential Treatment Center.
March 15, 2023