Weitz Family Foundation
Weitz Family Foundation
Reports to: Deputy Director
The Grants Administrator is responsible for leading the internal grants system and processes to ensure WFF grantmaking and offices operate in an organized, efficient, and professional manner. Specifically, the Grants Administrator oversees the foundation’s grant management system. The Grants Administrator provides the necessary leadership skills to work effectively with management, staff, donors, and trustees to accomplish the strategic goals of the foundation. Close communication with all team members will be required, and support as needed for other staff members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage the Foundation Grant System: Commitment to our mission is key and confidentiality is a must.
● Lead the ongoing maintenance and development of the grants management system and processes. Proactively support the grants team with the grants management system and grantee letters and check mailings. This includes:
○ Be a go-to person for troubleshooting issues with other team members and nonprofit partners.
○ Provide quality assurance checks to ensure data is entered properly into the system.
○ Lead the logistics for the application review process and anticipating the steps and resources needed for the team to review grants and prepare for the board meeting.
○ Maintain and run regular reports for the team.
○ Stay up to date on software upgrades and maintain regular meetings with the software company.
● Oversee data integrity and completeness in the grants management system.
● Maintain Weitz Family Foundation contact list, attention to detail a must
● Microsoft Office skills a must
Board Meetings: Good Time management must be top of mind!
● Manage board meetings preparations: Organize logistics and scheduling for Board meetings, assist in preparation of the Board book and Board materials related to the grants management system.
● Assist with board meeting record-keeping including meeting minutes and other necessary records.
Administration/Operations: Problem solving and willingness to seek solutions key.
● Respond to voicemails during business hours.
● Ensure office space is functional, and everyone has what they need to do their jobs well.
● Ensure all systems are working effectively (phones, internet, mail, etc.).
● Support additional administrative needs of office (faxing, mailing, PDFs, etc.).
Special Teams: Adaptability and Positive attitude are important.
● Assist in the planning and implementation of special events.
● Coordinate and research special projects as assigned by the Deputy Director.
● Keep up to date with CDC guidelines and help develop office protocols, must be vaccinated.
● Other duties as required to support Foundation responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in Omaha community-based organizations. They will be able to proactively identify needs and solutions, be self-motivated and enjoy learning use to new data systems. They will have good time management skills and have a strong attention to detail. Experience managing databases is a plus. This is a sensitive role and trust is deeply valued.
Salary Range: $60,000-$70,000
To apply Please email a resume and cover letter to Emily Nguyen (email@example.com). In your cover letter please tell us: 1. What interests you about this position, 2. What we should know about you and 3. What additional questions you have about the position. This position will remain posted at least by November 30, 2023.
October 31, 2023