Stores Clerk II
Metropolitan Utilities District
Stores Clerk II
General Position Responsibilities:
Under supervision, orders, issues, receives, and stores materials, parts, supplies, and tools, takes inventory, operates small forklifts, frequently moves heavy objects by hand, and codes stores issue and return tickets for the Construction and Transportation.
1.A High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) with one (1) year of verifiable experience in an automotive retail parts store, jobber, dealership, fleet parts room operation, or closely related experience in a warehouse management environment OR successful completion of one (1) year of post high school education in inventory control, materials management, parts, or closely related area.
2.ASE Parts Specialist Certification P1 and P2 is preferred.
3.Have and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
4.Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of the District’s computer based materials purchasing and inventory software.
5.Demonstrated knowledge of auto, truck, mechanical, electrical and machinery parts and supplies obtained from work experience.
6.Clerical skills in order to maintain inventory and other records.
7.Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in English, to assist internal and external customers, co-workers and management professionally, regardless of provocation.
8.Work with small hand tools.
9.Work in a dusty/greasy environment consistent with a vehicle and equipment repair shop area.
10.Safely operate forklifts.
11.Transport heavy objects such as tires to the storage racks and parts such as truck brake drums, batteries, etc. from the floor to the storage shelves.
12.Experience with personal computers, tablets, and/or other electronic devices to include familiarity with, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) and enterprise-wide software (e.g., SAP).
13.Ability to learn new or upgraded computer software as required.
1.Receive, inspect, store, and issue materials, parts, small tools, special equipment, and supplies.
2.Prepare and codes issues and returns.
3. Inventory stock for reordering and report stocks in short supply.
4. Check salvageable materials and parts that are returned, repaired, and reconditioned.
5. Take physical inventory.
6. Maintain neat and orderly warehouse.
7. Answer telephone.
8. Communicate with and assist internal and external customers.
9. Assist in the ordering of non-routine and custom repair parts, materials and supplies.
10. Maintain records of returnable containers, fire extinguishers, batteries, and tires.
11. Process invoices for payment of blanket purchase orders and direct payments.
12. Prepare requisitions, cost transfer entries, and assist in the maintenance of records.
13. Deliver and pick up parts when required.
14. Process and account for petty cash transactions as required.
15. Maintain record of issued tools.
16. Price parts on shop jobs.
17. Drive District vehicles.
18. Deliver and pick up parts when required.
19. Operate a forklift.
20. Comply with and understand all pertinent District Policies and Procedures.
21. Fill-in as needed for the Transportation Stores Clerk III.
22. Perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
*Please ensure the application is filled out thoroughly to be considered for this position
An Equal Opportunity Employer “Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation”
October 27, 2023