Basis Administrator I
Metropolitan Utilities District
Basis Administrator I
The Basis Administrator I will be responsible for maintenance, configuration, and support of the District’s SAP systems, ensuring their optimal functioning with under the close supervision of an SAP Senior Basis Administrator. The District’s SAP landscape consists of ECC, CRM, BW, BI, BOBJ, PO, GRC, Work Manager and Solution Manager. The administration activities include SAP system upgrades, managing the transport domains in SAP system landscape, troubleshooting, and performance tuning. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow in a dynamic environment, gaining valuable experience in SAP Basis administration.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, plus a minimum one (1) year of work experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified for this position. In lieu of a degree, District employees with one (1) or more years of sound business process knowledge will be considered or strong non-degree candidates with significant demonstrated experience may be considered.
2. Academic knowledge or introductory experience in one or more core business functional areas or hands-on software development, configuration, or work with Geospatial Information Systems.
3. Basic knowledge of SAP systems and components, including SAP NetWeaver, ABAP, and SAP HANA is desirable.
4. Certifications or coursework in SAP Basis administration (e.g., SAP Certified Technology Associate) is preferred.
5. Strong interest in SAP Basis administration and willingness to learn and grow in the field. Familiarity with SAP Basis concepts, such as system monitoring, transport management, user administration, and performance tuning.
6. Understanding of basic database concepts and operating systems (e.g., Windows, Linux).
7. Knowledge on automation and Shell scripting is preferred.
8. Ability to listen, comprehend, and effectively document business user needs.
9. Ability to learn new or upgraded computer software as required.
10. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
11. Works well with others to achieve common objectives.
12. Capable of organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks and requests to meet deadlines.
13. Have and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
14. Advance Proficiency with personal computers, tablets, and/or other electronic devices to include familiarity with, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word) and enterprise-wide software (e.g., SAP).
15. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in English, to assist internal and external customers, co-workers, and management professionally, regardless of provocation.
16. Work is primarily performed in an office setting amid normal conditions of dust, odors, fumes, office lighting and noises.
17. This job is eligible for a hybrid in-office and work from home flexible work arrangement.
18. Requirements of the job necessitate availability to respond to and support critical systems 24x7x365 within reason. Candidate is expected to work in or around the District’s service area and must be available for scheduled assignments outside of business hours.
In order to effectively contribute to the objectives of the District, the Basis Administrator I is accountable and responsible to:
1. Assist in performing system installations, upgrades, patches, and support pack applications, adhering to best practices and change management processes.
2. Upgrade SAP systems on a periodic basis, to include kernel, stack, support pack and enhancement pack (EHP) upgrades.
3. Assist in configuring SAP systems, including system profiles, parameters, and transport management, ensuring adherence to standards and guidelines.
4. Monitor the performance, availability, and overall health of SAP systems, analyzing logs and resolving issues in collaboration with the Senior SAP Basis Administrator and making recommendations for improvements to ensure maximum availability and reliability.
5. Maintain systems availability and all service restoration activities.
6. Troubleshoot and correct common problems with the applications and databases assigned.
7. Provide escalation support for unresolved help desk issues and provide technical consultation to departmental staff.
8. Rotation of on-call responsibilities for 24/7 on-call tree for alarms and outages for multiple systems and applications.
9. Assist with daily operations, implementation of technology roadmaps, standards, and lifecycle management for across various SAP landscapes.
10. Maintain the integrity of the SAP environment by managing the SAP Correction and Transport System (CTS) to ensure all configuration and development objects are promoted properly.
11. Maintain a broad knowledge of operating systems, software, databases, and hardware. Research new developments in system hardware and software.
12. Install, integrate, customize, configure, and test new SAP software and hardware; resolve configuration conflicts and errors. Understand and support for SAP Fiori applications and database requirements.
13. Participate in the design and implements security management system for SAP server and host configuration assuring that each system is protected from intrusion of software and hardware.
14. Prepare or assist with the preparation of scheduled and/or ad hoc statistical and narrative reports; perform information gathering and analysis and/or forecasting, as specifically directed.
15. Assist with Backup/Recovery Administration and Disaster Recovery Support.
16. Maintain current and accurate documentation.
17. Perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
18. Act within the spirit of District and Department values.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
20. Understand and comply with all pertinent District Policies and Procedures.
21. Fulfill responsibilities common to all Supervisory, Professional, and Administrative positions.
In contributing to the objectives of the District, the Jr Basis Administrator, is responsible for effecting constructive relationships with:
1. All departments within the District, most particularly computer system users and the Information Technology staff.
2. Information Technology and user personnel of other companies in order to gather information on new and existing systems and procedures.
3. Vendors of computer software, hardware, and related services to ensure proper system design and to be able to recommend changes as appropriate.
*Please ensure the application is filled out thoroughly to be considered for this position
An Equal Opportunity Employer “Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation”
October 6, 2023