24-02 Probation Technician
Non-profit, Public Safety
24-02 Probation Technician
UNITED STATES PROBATION AND PRETRIAL SERVICES OFFICE – DISTRICT OF NEBRASKA
Position: Probation Support Technician
Classification: CL 25
Salary Range: $46,082 – $74,921*
Duty Station: Omaha, NE
Status: Full-time permanent
Open to: All qualified candidates
Number of Positions: One (1)
*Starting salary is set considering human resources policies, qualifications, experience, and applicant’s current salary or federal pay grade.
This position is in the Probation and Pretrial Services Office and reports to a supervising probation officer. The employee provides technician support and services to probation and pretrial services officers and managers. Work is performed in an office setting.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform and assist with investigations.
• Conduct record checks.
• Data entry.
• Scan documents electronically.
• Assist with general case management.
• Review internet monitoring reports.
• Perform front office and reception duties.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications must be met at the time of the application.
High school graduation or equivalent with a minimum of two years of specialized experience.
Experience that includes progressively responsible clerical or administrative experience requiring the regular and recurring application of clerical procedures that demonstrates the ability to apply a body of rules, regulations, directives, or laws and involves the routine use of specialized terminology and automated software and equipment for word processing, data entry, or report operations. Such experience is commonly acquired in law firms, legal counsel offices, banking and credit firms, educational institutions, social service organizations, insurance companies, and real estate and title offices.
Knowledge of the criminal justice system and community corrections.
Strong ability to be flexible.
Strong organizational skills.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Strong communication skills.
Ability to maintain composure in challenging times.
Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Applicants must submit a PDF document to USDCHR@ned.uscourts.gov to include a:
• Cover letter
• Application Form AO-78 (all sections must be completed)
Application materials that do not adhere to this procedure will not be considered. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Travel reimbursement in connection with the selection process and/or relocation is not authorized.
The chief probation officer reserves the right to modify the conditions of this vacancy announcement at any time or to withdraw it without prior notice.
The District of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among staff.
Conditions of Employment:
• Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or must be a lawful permanent resident (i.e., green card holder) seeking U.S. citizenship, or must complete an affidavit indicating their intent to apply for citizenship when they become eligible to do so.
• Completion of FBI Fingerprint Background Check with periodic reinvestigation, if applicable.
• Employment will be provisional and contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the required background investigation. Retention depends upon a favorable suitability determination.
• Employees are subject to mandatory electronic funds transfer.
• Except for Probation Officers, employees are considered “at will”.
• Employees are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct for Judicial Employees.
• Health, dental, vision, life, and long-term care insurance
• Health and dependent reimbursement accounts
• Student loan forgiveness
• Federal Employee Retirement System
• Thrift Savings Plan with 5% match
• Flexible work schedule
• Paid annual and sick leave
• Paid federal holidays
• On-site fitness facility
October 2, 2023